Saturday, September 7, 2013

Going... Going... And the Neighborhood is gone!

Before I begin, I have one question: has anyone ever stopped and asked themselves (or maybe even someone else), what if the Native Americans weren't forced to leave their homeland? How would that effect me, even at this day in age?

No, I am not going to provide you with an answer. I don't know the answer myself, but I have been asking myself that question. I imagine America would have looked very different from now, cleaner because people would possibly have more appreciation of nature, since that was one of the key factors in the life of a Native American.  People wouldn't litter, because they knew it was wrong. Everyone would be kinder and more in-touch with their inner selves. We would all be very family-oriented, as if the entire nation was one big family. I understand that this all sounds wonderful, but history did not occur that way.

This has me thinking of another question: what if the British didn't feel the need to practice their own religion? They wouldn't have thought of setting foot on the Mayflower. America as we know it wouldn't exist. Either another country would have discovered America or we would all be Native Americans. WE WOULD NOT BE WHO WE ARE AND WHERE WE ARE TODAY!

Both of these scenarios are strange to think of because the change would be so dynamic. Any change would be. Say goodbye to the neighborhood you know and love.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I agree that America would probably not be the same, but what do you think would happen if another group of people came or maybe if the explorers weren't so harsh?

    ReplyDelete